Renting a property for the first time can be a daunting experience. Please find following some information which may help you when following the process of choosing your new home.
The Rental Process
1) Contact us to book a viewing and we will discuss with you your individual circumstances to ascertain whether you are proceedable. To be proceedable you need to have:
2) If you would like to proceed with the property after viewing, you will need to pay the tenancy fee of £300 including VAT, which is payable PER PROPERTY not PER PERSON. This fee is non-refundable should you decide you no longer want to proceed, or should you fail referencing. You must disclose any information prior to referencing that may cause a failure. If for some reason the landlord chooses not to proceed, the fee is refundable.
3) Once referencing has passed, we will make contact with you to confirm the finer details of the tenancy, including check in date and length of tenancy. We will also send you an invoice covering your initial funds which need to be cleared into our client bank account prior to check in (One months' rent in advance and six weeks rent as a security deposit). Your contract will arrive with you for signing via a secure electronic signing method. This must be signed prior to check in.
4) Prior to check in all occupiers aged over 18 (or who will turn 18 during the tenancy) must visit our office to present an original copy of their photographic identification (normally your passport) to comply with the Right to Rent legislation,
5) On the day of check in, we will meet you at the property to provide you will all your relevant paperwork and keys, take meter readings, do safety and compliance checks and walk round the property with you to explain the heating systems, appliances and other "quirks" of each individual property.
6) For our managed properties, for the duration of the tenancy we will be your first point of call for any issues maintenance or otherwise during office hours, Outside of these times, we have an emergency maintenance line on 01454 800114. For our let only properties, we will give you the contact details for your landlord who will then become your first point of contact.
7) Two months prior to the end of your fixed term contract we will contact you to ascertain whether you intend to stay in the property and whether you would like another fixed term contract (subject to landlord approval) or whether you would like to move on to a periodic (rolling) contract. There is no fee involved for this transfer.
8) Throughout the duration of your tenancy, you will have an annual visit from our safety testing team to carry out compliance and safety testing, and you will have a quarterly property inspection (both visits you will be given prior notice of).
9) To end your tenancy at the end of the fixed term or during a periodic agreement, you need to provide us with one calendar months' notice in writing. We will carry out a check out on your last day of tenancy, and subject to this being a positive check, aim to return your security deposit to you within 3 working days.