We understand that for some landlords, renting your property is not an easy decision and hope we can make the process as easy as possible for you.
The Rental Process
1) Call us for a chat about your situation, your property and your needs, wants and goals in terms of the rental of your property. We can give you advice on all aspects of renting, and can book you in for a free valuation at a time that will suit you.
2) At the valuation, we can talk in futher depth about how much we feel the property could achieve, any suggested improvements to the property that may be required in terms of decoration or similar, we can talk through our packages and your individual requirements, and we can answer any questions you may have. We always recommend you talk to other agents to get a feel for the type of agency you would like to place your business with - each agent can work very differently to the next. We have a family based ethos and are not target or profit driven - customer service is at the heart of what we do - we are passionate about doing our jobs well.
3) If you decide to proceed with us, we will send you a terms of business for signing, and arrange to visit again to take marketing photos if the property is ready to go on the market. If not, we can work with you using your own or our contractors to carry out any work needed. We can take a set of keys to be logged into our secure system if we need to meet to give access for various jobs.
4) When the property is ready it will be marketed on RightMove, our own website, social media and if you consent, using a flag board placed at the front of the property to catch passing trade. We also share property details with two local well known estate agents as they regularly have clients contacting them in search of properties. We also have links to local large businesses such as those based at the power station, or the MOD. We will arrange for an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) to be carried out if necessary.
5) We will undertake attended viewings in an attempt to locate a suitable tenant.
6) When we locate a tenant, we will advise you of their situation (number of occupants, children, pets, employment status, length of tenancy required) and ask you to confirm you are happy to proceed.
7) We will fully reference the tenants to ensure, to the best of our ability that they are suitable. We cannot accept liability for unsuitable tenants.
8) We will take copies of identification documents to comply with legislation and ensure they are legally allowed to reside in the UK. Depending on the type of document, we may carry out ongoing checks throughout the tenancy to comply with the law.
9) We will provide a tenancy document and arrange for this to be signed, and collect an initial months' rent in advance with an additional six weeks rent as a security deposit. The deposit will be registered with a secure tenancy deposit scheme as required by law.
10) Prior to the commencement of the tenancy we will arrange for your safety testing to be carried out - Gas Testing, PAT Testing, Hardwire Testing, Smoke Alarm/CO Alarm Testing, Legionella Testing and Furniture Testing if applicable.
11) We will arrange for an inventory to be created by a third party company and this will be provided to the tenant on check in, We can also arrange domestic or carpet cleaning as necessary.
12) We will meet the tenants at the property to carry out the check in. We will walk round the property to demonstrate heating systems, appliances and various "quirks" of the property that we are aware of/you have advised us of. We will provide all relevant paperwork to ensure you are compliant with all relevant legislation, including the Deregulation Act 2015, The CO/Smoke Alarm Legislation, Legionella recommendations the EPC regulations and the Gas Safety Regulations.
13) We will provide you with a monthly statement detailing your income, expenditure and our fee per month. This is paid via bank transfer to your account, and a copy statement can be sent to an accountant/contact of your choice, if requested. Copies of all invoices are sent attached to the statement - we do not mark up any of our maintenance invoices.
14) Throughout the tenancy we will administrate annual safety testing and boiler servicing.
15) We will carry out quarterly inspections and forward the report to you. We will act upon any maintenance issues.
16) We will deal with any incoming maintenance in the way you have specified us to do so.
17) Two months prior to the end of the fixed term, we will contact you to confirm you are happy for the tenants to remain in the property. If so, we will then contact them to confirm their options (another fixed term, or remaining on a periodic "rolling" basis) and adminster a new contract if necessary (free of charge).
18) If you are an overseas landlord we can give you advice on using the NRL scheme, and administer this for you if necessary.
19) We review rents on an annual basis and will suggest increases where necessary. We will serve the required Section 13 notice on your behalf.
20) We will manage any issues with tenants on your behalf, including the service of eviction notices, abandonment procedures and tenancy surrenders. If you decide to take your tenant to court, we will help and advise you, however court attendance is chargeable at £30 per hour and we would recommend instead that you employ a solicitor. However, we make use of our extensive experience to try to prevent an issue from escalating to this stage - in 26 years of business we have not been to court as we have managed to come to an amicably solution to tenancy issues.
21) At the end of tenancy we will carry out the check out of tenants, and deal with any deposit disputes on your behalf. We cannot be held accountable if the tenancy deposit scheme does not find in your favour, however we will make every effort to give you the best chance possible of a positive outcome.
22) We will caretake the property for you in between lets free of charge, however this service is chargeable at £25 per month if you are intended to sell or move back into the property.